1. Ski Boat Rules & Guidelines: Following these guidelines listed below will help prevent the need for costly repairs that you could be held liable for.
- When docking the machines, never back the trailer to a level where gas cans are fully submerged in water. This will contaminate the gas with water and if any water gets poured into the machines you will have a breakdown and be held liable for any needed repairs that could result.
- Do not drive the equipment near shallow water. It is critical that you keep the machines at a water level of 4 feet deep (chest high) or deeper at all times! Even when the machines are not running, they should be kept out far away from the shore where the water is at least 3.25 feet deep (waist high). Remember, to always have someone push you out on the lake where the water is at least 4 feet deep (chest high) before starting (turning on) the machine. When the machines are turned off, you should never beach the machines or let the machines go in shallow areas lower than 3.25 feet deep (waist high). Boat anchors will be provided for both machines, so that you can always maintain a safe water level of at least 3.25 feet deep (waist high) for both machines at all times.
- Remember, when anchoring the machines overnight, it is better to pull them back onto the trailer instead if you can. High winds and waves can push the machines into rocks and other boats or obstacles. If you’re going to anchor the machines overnight, then make sure you tie them down very securely so that they won’t have a chance of rubbing up against anything that could scratch or damage them in any way.
- Always keep a close eye on the equipment even when it is anchored in the water. This will help prevent the possibility of theft and unauthorized use by others in your party such as kids and teenagers. You are the one who is responsible and you are the one who will be held liable for any damage that could occur.
- While in the water, be sure to follow all safety rules for operating a watercraft. club Powersports is not liable for any property damage or personal injury that may result while in possession of our equipment. Make sure you understand the rules and regulations established by each location/lake that you are visiting.
2. Ski Boat Damage Waiver Insurance: Notice on the previous screen, there was a checkbox option to add a “Damage Waiver” to your rental. This is for “Our Internal Insurance Damage Waiver” and it is not required, but we strongly recommend it if your current insurance policy does not cover you for rentals. If you’re not sure, or you don’t know if your current insurance provider covers you for this kind of rental, then we recommend calling your insurance provider to find out. Remember, you’re required to make a $1000 security deposit when you come to pick up your rental. Our Internal Insurance Damage Waiver is $35 per machine per day, and it covers you and your party for all damage costs that exceed beyond the $1000 security deposit. If you didn’t opt in to buy Our Internal Insurance Damage Waiver during this checkout process (on the previous screen), then you may still purchase it at the time of pick-up. This damage waiver doesn’t cover any injuries, and we’re NOT liable for any injuries whatsoever! Basically, it just guarantees that in the rare occasion that damage is done to the rental equipment, then you would not be held liable for any repairs exceeding $1000 (the total amount of the security deposit).
3. Ski Boat Security Deposit: For the jet ski rentals, a security deposit of $500 per set is required at the time of pick-up. When you come to get the jet skis you must make security deposit of $1000 on a credit card of your choice. The fuel used and the damages done will be deducted from this security deposit. If there are no serious damages to the jet skis during your rental, and the machines are brought back full on fuel, then this security deposit will be fully refunded back to your card when the jet skis are returned. You can make this security deposit with a Credit Card, Venmo, or Cash at the time of pick-up. This security deposit is held by club Powersports until the machines are brought back at the end of the rental. This security deposit will be fully refunded back to you if the equipment is brought back undamaged. On the rare occasion that damage does occur, we will calculate and deduct the cost of the repairs from this security deposit, then we will refund the remaining balance back to you.
4. Ski Boat Trailer Hook-ups: You’ll need a 2-inch ball and a standard 4-prong (4-way-flat) electrical connector to haul the jet ski trailer. Our jet ski trailers hold 2 (both) waverunner machines and weighs about 1,700 to 1,800 lbs when it’s fully loaded. If you don’t have a 4-prong/4-way-flat electrical connector, then we have adapters available to rent for an additional $5. If you don’t have a 2″ ball hitch then we have those available to rent for an additional $10. If you don’t have a truck or vehicle with a 1-ton tow package, then we have good trucks, jeeps, and vans available for rent! If you want to rent one of our trucks, jeeps, or vans to haul your machines, then you will need to call us at (801)664-5742 at least 24-hours ahead of time to arrange this.
5. Ski Boat Fuel Policy: The jet skis will be low on fuel upon pick-up and you’re welcome to bring them back this way. The extra gas cans that are included are usually empty. On your way to the lake, you should stop at a gas station to fill up the extra gas cans and top off the 2 jet skis. You should be using regular 85 unleaded gas for these jet skis. The extra gas cans should be securely mounted to the front of the jet ski trailer. To avoid getting water in the fuel, do NOT back too far into the water when launching or docking the PWCs, and make sure all the gas can caps are sealed air-tight before backing the jet ski trailer into the water at the dock!
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR RESERVATION INCLUDES:
We rent out Yamaha and Honda Jet Skis. These are fast 3-seater all our jet ski waverunners have at least 110-horsepower and they are all 4-stroke engines that are approved for Lake Powell!
ONE – 2-place Jet Ski Trailer That Holds Both PWC Machines – Our jet ski trailers weigh about 1,700 to 1,800 lbs when they’re fully loaded, and will require a 2″ ball and 4-prong/4-way-flat electrical connector to haul. If you don’t have a 4-prong/4-way-flat electrical connector, then we have adapters available for rent for an additional $5. If you don’t have a 2″ ball hitch then we have those available to rent for $10. If you don’t have a truck or vehicle with a 1-ton tow package, then give us a call, we have good trucks, jeeps, and vans available for rent. If you want to rent one of our trucks, jeeps, or vans to haul your equipment, then you will need to call us at least 24-hours ahead of time to arrange this. (Call 801-537-7537)
SIX – PFD Life Vests (Life Jackets) – We have all various sizes for both children and adults available! We’ll send you with 6 life jackets so you’ll have enough to put 3 people on each machine. Both jet ski waverunner machines are 3-seater machines, so you’ll want to have at least 6 life jackets. If you want more than the 6 life jackets that are included, then you may add extra life jackets for an additional $10 per jacket.
Extra Gas Cans – Your rental comes with extra 5-gallon gas cans. These extra gas cans are securely mounted to the front of the jet ski trailer. These extra gas cans will usually be empty when you come to pick up your machines and they should be filled up with regular 85 unleaded fuel before you go to the lake! The fuel tank on both Jet Ski Waverunners will be fully topped off at the time of pick-up/delivery (when launched at the marina). If the jet skis are not retuned back full on fuel then we will fill them up at the gas station for you and deduct the price of the fuel from the security deposit with an additional 10% convenience fee. You are welcome to follow our driver to the gas station to pay for the fuel on your own card if you’d like to. If you’re doing the launch and retrieval yourself then to avoid getting water in the fuel, do NOT back too far into the water when launching the PWCs, and make sure all the gas can caps are sealed air-tight before backing the jet ski trailer into the water at the dock!
TWO – Boat Anchors – Both PWC machines will come with a boat anchor that can be used to anchor the machines away from the shore. It’s very important that you always remember to anchor the machines at 3.25 feet deep (waist high) and never start the machines (never turn them on) unless the water is at least 4 feet deep (chest high). Instead of anchoring the machines in the water overnight, it’s much better to put the machines back on the jet ski trailer with a trailer lock, so you don’t have to worry about them getting damaged or stolen while you’re sleeping.
Your reservation will also include all the add-on accessories you selected on the booking form page during checkout. During checkout process, you’ll be given the option to select a Tube, Wakeboard, Waterskis, Paddleboard, Extra Life Jackets, Damage Waiver, etc. If you decide to wait on these things for now, then you can also add these things to your rental at the time of pickup.
Our Operating Hours:
Call us if you have any questions or if you’d like to schedule an early pick-up or drop-off.